..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Monday, May 24, 2010

Leaving the Nest

I was looking out my window today and saw a wonderful sight.  Mama and Papa Bluejay were getting their little ones (not so little anymore) ready to "leave the nest".  The youngsters looked like they were testing and exercising their wings.  I think the parents were trying to encourage their brood to take to the skies!   I watched for a long time, then went to fix lunch.  When I returned, they were all gone.  Whew!  Another brood raised!




No one can see me in here!

When is mom coming back?

Okay, this is it, from now on you'll have to find your own lunch!

What, you all want some more?

I think we're supposed to flap them up and down!


Okay children, it's time for you to go!  Spread those wings and fly!


1 comment:

Pam said...

What great pictures of the blue jays in your yard.