..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Friday, August 12, 2011

And the Saga Continues

Well, no...I haven't been on the road in Arizona since May.  Chalk it up to blogger's block, inertia, laziness, whatever.  But I'll try to get up-to-date in one lengthy blog.  So, here goes.


We ended up our southwestern tour through Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Nevada by spending the last couple of nights in Kanab at Stacy's vacation rental.  (http://www.vrbo.com/354399).  She's really getting it in shape, especially with the addition of a lovely deck which has a killer view of the beautiful red buttes.

We have been fortunate this summer in enjoying unusually cool weather, and lots of guests! 

Judy from Denver dropped by after Memorial Day and we enjoyed getting to catch up.



Barbie from Tulsa came for a week toward the end of June. 



Kristen from Denver was here the first part of July.

Judy must have had a good time in May, cause she returned the end of July along with her fiance Mike!

Activities included (in no certain order), and not limited to the following:  visits to wineries, walking on the beach, eating out, playing cards, attending the Templeton 4th of July Parade, eating out, playing golf, attending an outdoor play in Solvang, watching fireworks and picnicing at Pear Valley Winery, happy hour on the patio,  horseback riding, eating out, driving around sight-seeing, and eating out! 

Between guests we settled into our usual routine:  a little golf, eating out, watching Net Flix or our favorite tv shows that we tape (Damages, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Suits, etc.), reading, taking photos and experimenting with processing them in unusual ways, going to the art show in the park in Paso, checking out the Historical Museum in Paso, etc.  We also headed-up our annual Spanish Lakes garage sale the first Saturday in August.

My birthday present this year was an Apple i-pad2 and I am loving it!  I especially like the Nook, Kindle, and Overdrive apps which let me download books; as well as other nifty apps, such as the one where you can point your i-pad at the sky and it identifies stars!  Coolness.

I've also been busy with 365 Project - it's an internet place to post a photo a day.  Check mine out if you have time:  www.365Project.org/dala42

So, I'll sign off with a couple of my favorite photographs taken this summer!  And I'll try to keep this blog current!


 The Niner Winery at Heart Hill

Beachcombing with Kristen

 Hanging out with Kristen


Enjoying some lovely sunsets.

And I think that brings me up-to-date!


3 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely family photos!
I do like your zany new orange background and especially the haert shaped trees at the winery.

firstnamejane.blogspot.com said...

jnesseWell there you have it D'Anna.... I just knew you guys had not dropped off the face of the world!!! Your blog post was great.... thank you....I really needed to know you were all in the same spirit of adventure! XOXO Janie

Trece said...

I LOVE Suits!! So neat to find someone else who does!!