..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Puddy

I just entered this photo of my sweet kitty, Puddy, in the Pioneer Woman Photography contest on Flickr.  Puddy was a stray that wandered into the elementary school where I taught  back in the early 80's (actually, she was brought in by a 2nd grade student who said "Look what followed me to school!".  She was bedraggled and scared, and I was talked into taking her home "just for the weekend"!  I had 2 Boston Terriers, and didn't think they would stand for a kitten to be added to the family.  When they rushed up to her, she puffed up to about twice her size (still not very big) and hissed and swatted their noses....and the rest is history.  She ruled the house for the next 14 years, outliving both of the dogs.  Once she grew up, we figured she had some Maine Coon in her....she was a large gal, with long hair, and was a very laid back cat.  She was a treasure.  She passed away a month or so before we moved from Colorado to California.  I miss my Puddy cat! 

2 comments:

Kath said...

She certainly looks like a beauty. Some pets are just unique little souls and you always have a special affection for them. I still feel sad about losing my first dog, 30 years back.

BB said...

Love this shot!!! Gorgeous...
:-)
BB