..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Friday, September 18, 2009

Some New Trades


The following are for different trades. "There are no ordinary cats" is for a fiber page trade with postcardpizzazz. The cat portrait is a copy of a painting my daughter did of my mom's cat, Sissy. The portrait and quote are placed on a log cabin square turned on point. All the fabric strips are "recycled" from my scrap box.






The spider is one of 3 fabric postcards made for a trade on postcard pizzazz. I loved the batik spider-web background fabric and knew I just had to create a spider! His body and legs are cut from stiff felt and there's a little bit of black fuzzy yarn on top of his head.





The 3 bracelets below are made from handrolled paper beads for a trade with Fiber Art Traders. Those beads are pretty addictive to make. I ended up with a lot more than I needed and made some bracelets for myself, as well. The matching earrings are an added surprise to the recipients.













And lastly, a "mini" quilt made for a trade on postcard pizzazz. I used strips of left-over scraps to create a type of log-cabin design. I tried not to duplicate any of the fabrics. While I liked the effect a lot, I thought it needed a little something, so I appliqued the butterfly to the quilt. It doesn't show up, but there is a bit of beading on the butterfly, thanks to my in-house beader (AKA mom).








1 comment:

Kath said...

I'm so happy that you showed your work! The PC's are lovely, I especially like the spoky eyed spider! I am very interested to know about the beads, maybe you could show how you made them? The little quilt is adorable and the butterfly suits it perfectly. I would never have thought to turn the block on point like that, it really makes it special.Kath x