..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saturday Visit to the E-Seals

I haven't visited the elephant seals in quite awhile.  We started out with lunch in Cayucos at the Sea Shanty and an attempt to check out the seaglass festival.  Unfortunately, there was a very long line just waiting to get into the Veterans Hall where the festival was held, so I just kept driving north past Cambria and San Simeon until I arrived at the beach the elephant seals have claimed as their own.  According to the little newsletter, the adults are leaving the beach and there are mostly weaned pups, who need to teach themselves how to swim left.  I think they preferred napping to swimming lessons though.  Or maybe they were just really tired after swimming all morning?

 The young ones always seem to have a smile.


Obviously, this big guy didn't get the message to take off.  

About a mile north of the e-seal beach is the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse.  It's presently undergoing restoration, and tours are offered.  That's on my "to-do" list.



And lastly, my attempt at an "arty" shot of dried foilage.


1 comment:

Homebody at Heart said...

I found your blog by googling zentangle. It is quite lovely!