..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Irish Greetings





If you see a talking cat in a green hat, you've probably had enough beer!


Many years ago in a galaxy far, far away, I was an Irish dancer.  From left to right:  Heidi, Judy and me at Estes Park, Colorado posing after competing....notice we're all holding trophies!!

An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours.

2 comments:

Kath said...

How lovely! My MIL used to make thse dresses, as there is a large Irish community in Oford, where my husband grew up. All his sisters and cousins did irish dancing and the dresses were highly prized and passed on to other families. My MIL had an amazing sewing machine, which did the embroidery.
What a nice memory for you.
You havent chnaged very much, you still have your lovely smile.

Janie Taylor said...

I wish I could have seen you dance :)