..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Random Pictures Taken on October 4th

This morning when I woke up the moon was just beginning to disappear in the west. This moon is called the Harvest Moon - the full moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox. If you were a farmer, you could work all night harvesting your crops in the light of a harvest moon.



I've been making lots of paper beads ever since a trade I did with Fabric Art Traders. I rather like this cuff style bracelet made out of the page from an old atlas. I have several more in various stages of completion.

Synchronized napping by Casey and Sunny!


Yesterday while I was "surfing" I saw an article that listed 10 coolest small towns. Cayucos, California was among the 10. Cayucos, population 3000, is just north of Morro Bay in San Luis Obispo county right on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway, or Highway 1). It's nestled right along the ocean and has a lovely beach that stretches for several miles. Today after church, we drove into Cayucos and had lunch at the Sea Shanty. The wind was howling, and the wind surfers were having a great time. Great views, and lunch wasn't bad, either.





1 comment:

Kath said...

What lovely photos. Its strange to think you and I were looking at the same moon on the same night, all those thousands of miles away....Kath x