..........A little blog about the little things in life..........

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beautiful August Sunset

We drove down to Nipomo today to attend a friend's 70th birthday party. It was a rare summer day - cloudy and cool. There was even a little rain - enough to wet down the streets. I think it's coming from a storm down in Mexico. This evening there was a gorgeous sunset - I ran into the house to get my camera - barely caught the orangey sky. Didn't notice at first that there was a deer having a bite to eat in our yard - his eyes light up in the picture below - looks a little spooky!















3 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely photos! Funny thing, I made a fabric postcard with a sky that colour, but was thinking of "toning it down" as I thought it was not life-like. What do I know eh? KAth x

DAnna said...

Mother Nature is a pretty colorful gal! Sometimes I "tweak" the color in Photoshop, but these were "au natural"!

Janie Taylor said...

All the pictures were gorgeous but that first one should win an award!!!! The color of the sky and the deers eyes....wow!
PS....tell Charlie that I just read the book "The Mullendore Murder Case" this afternoon....does she remember when it all happened? My friend lent it to me because her farm is next to the Mullendore old ranch! Really pretty country!
I'm kinda sad....I just realized I never get to see sunsets or the sunrises because of all of the trees around here.....keep those pretty photos coming!